Thursday, July 22, 2010

Masterpieces of the Future (Omar Souleyman, 2010)


Oh yeah, my homage to Syrian Pop Sensation burnin' up the airwaves, Mr. Omar Souleyman. Omar has been creating a wicked blend of traditional Arabic, Persian, and Syrian music with hardcore electronics...he is the voice to some amazing poetry..."I will dig your grave with my bare hands, I will bury you in my chest..." wow, some heavy stuff here!!! Cool stuff and he has made over 500 albums since '94 and the fine folks at Sublime Frequencies have released three wicked compilations of Mr. Souleyman's pure intensity in the last few years. (They have put out plenty of other far out releases, that need to be heard to be believed!)
Ink and acrylic on found metal, found wood, and found tape recorder with plastic flowers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo awesome!