Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Huzzah Huzzah a Snow Day


Crying Bludd: A Blues Reliquary for Billy Childish
39" x 47.5"
ink, acrylic, found objects, found wood on the back of a found dresser
1.28.09

My whole family had a snow day today!!! Instead of sleeping in, I got up and painted. I realized I could do this everyday, all day. I spent nearly 5 hours straight on this piece (which hasn't happened for awhile). It was great to spend the day with Reggles and Beanie!

Anyway, this is Wild Billy Childish of Thee Milkshakes, Thee Might Caesars, Thee Headcoates, and the Pop Rivets fame. He is a kinda garage-punk renaissance man. He is a prolific painter, printer, poet, and music maker and music producer, and a favorite subject of mine. This may be the fifth portrait of Mr. Childish I have painted in about 4 years. I really enjoy his work with the Chatham Black Hands and the Singing Loins...check'em out. This is number 12 for the year!!
PS I ain't lookin' forward to cleaning of the CRV tomorrow at 6 a.m...

No comments: